Welcome to Watford & West Herts Chamber of Commerce
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
(Export Desk: 10am to 4pm)
Watford and West Herts Chamber of Commerce is one of the most thriving chambers in the UK. Our Chamber is a powerful, independent voice for a vibrant business community, committed to optimising the benefits and opportunities for all our members. Our aim is to enable your business to grow by providing a wide range of events and services.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
Tuesday 30th September 2014, 4:45pm for 5pm start. INTU Watford, Management Suite. Parking in Queen's Car Park.
Latest News from the Chamber and its members:
- Hertfordshire LEP celebrates £200m funding to deliver jobs and growth - Hertfordshire LEP's latest newsletter.
- Going for Growth video
- UK Recovery continues at a brisk pace, say CBI. Full comment here
- Bank of England: Half Yearly Financial Stability Report (June 2014)
- Watford Chamber member, TSE Productions, named 'Dacorum Business of the Year 2014' Full story
- Lord Young's report published on expansion of enterprise education is schools, colleges and universities. Our Chamber joins BCC in supporting.
- Good news - growth in manufacuring sector says CBI
- Optimism running high again for Tech and Creative Industries according to new survey by KPMG/CBI
- The Queen's Speech - What's in it for Business? Business Leaders Comment
- Need help to grow your business ambitions? GrowthAccelerator funding is now available
- Chamber News Desk - our news letter
- Economic Growth reaches record high! CBI report
- BCC's Q1 2014 Quarterly Economic Survey and International Trade Outlook and Q1 Quarterly EU Barometer - now available
- Groundbreaking Government backed survey reveals levels of business satisfaction with UK Banks, according to British Chambers of Commerce
- Optimism high for Service sector after a year of growth according to CBI survey
- Hertfordshire LEP - Latest Newsletter (May/June 2014)
Our next events:
Our full events programme is underway for 2014. Our next events are:
- Public Sector Procurement Seminar for SMEs, in association with Hertsmere Borough Council, 17 Sept
- Inter-Chamber Golf Challenge Cup, Moor Park Golf Club, 22 September, more details to follow. Contact: Events
- Afternoon Tea at Champneys, Champneys Health Spa, Wigginton near Tring, 25 September
- Annual General Meeting: 30 September. to be held at KPMG, Watford.
- Chamber Festive Breakfast at Moor Park Mansion, 9 December 2014, in aid of Watford Workshop
Other key dates for 2014 include:
- Elstree Business Expo, 9 October - Holiday Inn Elstree Our Chamber/Hertsmere Connect will be represented and have a stand. See your there.
Our Chamber working with neighbouring Chambers and the Hertfordshire LEP
Chamber working with Charities:
Chamber and its Members continue to support a range of charities and in 2014, we have extended our promotion opportunities for charities through our website and other media. Check out our Charity Focus Pages for the latest information.
Chamber working with Schools and Colleges:
Chamber and its Members continue to support schools and colleges and in 2014, we have extended our promotion opportunities for them. Check out our Schools and Colleges Focus Pages for the latest information.
Our events & services include:
- Attractive membership packages
- Business Support from Branduin
- Inward Investment News
- Comprehensive range of business networking events with high profile speakers
- Export advice & support
- On-going series of training and seminars
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Advertising Opportunities
- Free entry on the Chamber Web Site and Members’ Directory
- Free Business information and support
- Free review to help local business reduce their carbon emissions
- Watford for You