GDPR - How will the changes affect your business?
Tuesday 23 Jan 2018
Get up to speed with the General Data Protection Regulation; the biggest change to data privacy law in the last 20 years which will apply to all UK organisations. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is new legislation which comes into force on the 25th May 2018. This new law will govern the way all UK organisations collect, process and protect the personal information of individuals; be it customers, employees or business partners.
This is a free of charge event sponsored by Metro Bank
What is GDPR?
- New legislation for collecting & processing personal data in the EU
- Replaces the Data Protection Directive
- Harmonises data protection laws across the EU
- Affects organisations processing personal data or EU individuals in relation to offering goods and services, or to monitor their behaviour
- Will apply to both data controllers and data processors
SA Law’s Julie Gingell & Emma Gross will share their useful guide to what the changes are, how the GDPR will affect your business and the steps to take to be compliant in good time in order to avoid hefty fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or €20,000,000 for serious breaches, whichever is higher.
Time: 8:00 am
Speaker: Julie Gingell and Emma Goss - SA Law
Type of event: Networking Breakfast
Address: Metro Bank, Borehamwood Shopping Park, Unit 3E, Theobald Street, Borehamwood, WD6 4PR
See this location in Google Maps »
Sorry this event happened in the past, but you can find others like it by using the search tool.